Screech Owl or Saw-Whet Owl House Cedar Nesting Box with Poly Lumber Roof, JCs Wildlife Free Shipping
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 4 and get $2.00 off
- MADE IN INDIANA: The Barn Owl box is manufactured in the USA by JCS Wildlife. Great for rodent control.
- NATURAL FINISH TO PROTECT FROM ELEMENTS: Outside is treated with Linseed oil to protect wood from elements. Wood is exterior grade plywood and is ready for outdoor exposure.
- DIMENSIONS: Overall dimensions of this owl box are 9.75" Wide x 14.5" Tall x 10.25" Deep. For best results mount 10 to 20 feet high in a large, dense tree
- EASY INSTALLATION: Come pre-assembled and includes drain holes in the bottom and holes under the roof overhang allowing for air circulation. A hanging strip on the backside of the box allows for easy installation (recommended placement is 12'-20' high)
- DESIGN ALLOWS PROPER DRAINAGE: The front door of this owl house swings up for easy cleaning and also has drainage holes in the bottom for proper drainage
This beautiful, hand-made Screech Owl box is made by JCs Wildlife. Made in the USA!
It is made entirely of cedar wood and the roof is recycled poly lumber. The front door of this owl house swings up for easy cleaning and also has drainage holes in the bottom for proper drainage.
Overall dimensions of this owl box are 9.75" Wide x 14.5" Tall x 10.25" Deep. For best results mount 10 to 20 feet high in a large, dense tree.
Screech Owls and Saw-whet Owls have tough competition with other birds for natural cavities because they are so small. They eat night-flying insects and may occasionally snag other small birds. You may want to position this birdhouse away from the houses of other birds. The charming 7" owls can become quite tame.
Screech Owls like to nest in deep woods, preferably near swamps. Likes coniferous woods and evergreen thickets in parks and gardens. Breeds from southeastern Alaska east across central Canada to Nova Scotia and south to southern California, Arizona, Illinois, North Carolina (in mountains) and Connecticut. Winters in breeding range and south to Arkansas and North Carolina.
|Outside Dimensions||9.75" W X 14.5" H X 10.25" D|
|Inside Dimensions||6.5" W X 12.5" H X 7.5" D|
|Hole Diameter||3 ½” W X 2 ½” H|
|Hole Height Above Floor||10”|
|Construction||Cedar Wood and Recycled Poly Lumber|
|Birds That Would Use This Nesting Box||Screech Owl and Saw-Whet Owl|